Upgrade 1.2.2 issue

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Upgrade 1.2.2 issue

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Corentin Bourget
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to upgrade a Multiconnect conduit AEP from 1.1.2 to 1.2.2.

After downloading the last version ‘conduit_AEP-1.2.2_upgrade.bin’ from the website http://www.multitech.net/developer/downloads/, I follow the instruction given for the upgrade.
    Once on the web interface, in firmware upgrade, it warm me that’s it can take a while:

Upgrading the firmware can take 6 minutes or more. Please wait…

No problem, but after a few, the webpage displays:

An error occured uploading the file. Please try the upload again or select another file.

I tried downloading the file again, maybe it was corrupted, uploading it with various browsers and computers. Nothing is working to make this upgrade working.
    Have you encounter this issue ? Do you have any solution/alternative solution?

Thanks

Bryan Tran

Hi Corentin Bourget,

Could you please try to power cycle the unit and then try the upgrade again and see if it helps ?

Thanks,

BT

Corentin Bourget
    Participant

Hi,

I tried three time restarting the conduit before uploading the file, without success.

Is there any alternative with WinSCP or SCP and command line ?

Regards

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Corentin,

There is a way to do this manually by copying the file to the Conduit with SCP, and then logging in via SSH and running the firmware_upgrade script by hand:

Copy the firmware upgrade file to the Conduit:
    PC# scp conduit_AEP-1.2.2_upgrade.bin admin@:/var/tmp

Conduit# firmware_upgrade /var/tmp/conduit_AEP-1.2.2_upgrade.bin

This will run the upgrade by hand. The output of the firmware_upgrade script in the logs and at the CLI should hopefully give you more information about what is going wrong if it is still failing. If the file is good and the upgrade is triggered successfully, the Conduit will automatically reboot at the end of this script to trigger the flash upgrade.

Jeff

Corentin Bourget
    Participant

Thank you ! Everything is working fine with this method.

I do not know why the .bin could not be uploaded throught the webpage. The same .bin copied with scp works.

Thanks again for the help.

I can confirm this error on the 1.1.2 version. I tried upgrading to the newest current version – 1.3.3 and failed via the WebUI.
    I can also confirm that the method described above, using SCP and updating via SSH afterwards.

Notice that there might be some garbage files in the /var/tmp directory. Delete only the files and not any folders (if presented).

The device will upgrade and reboot.

Richard Wenner
    Participant

I too had the upgrade failure (using both Chrome & Moz). Powering down did not work but the manual method works fine. 1.3.3 ok

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.