Understanding downlink channel used by gw/server USA 915

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model Understanding downlink channel used by gw/server USA 915

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Will San Filippo
    Participant

Hello:

I just recently got a multitech gw (MTCDT-210L) and installed the 915 MHz card in the device. Took me a a bit of searching but I finally figured out that the device only receives on 8 of the 64 uplink channels. Once I configured my end device (a telennor ee02) to use only 8 uplink channels the gw now receives all the uplink packets. Confirmed packet reception, however, is poor. My understanding is that the downlink channel is the uplink channel mod 8. It appears (from looking at the logs) that the multitech gw/server uses the same downlink channel for the entire sub-band. I have the device configured to use subband 1 and even though the the gw/server hears packets on uplink channels 0-7, the downlink channel is always 0 (923.3). I was doing some testing earlier with sub-band 7 and it looked like the gw/server was using downlink channel 7. I tried to see if I could find this documented somewhere or in the forum but no luck. Is there some configuration I am missing or is my understanding of the lora protocol incorrect?

Thanks!
    Will

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

See private vs public mode.

Introduction to LoRa

It is not lorawan protocol in private mode.
    It was meant to allow 8 channel Conduits to operate in proximity without overlapping the downlink channels.

Will San Filippo
    Participant

Thanks! I completely missed the / 8 instead of the % 8.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.