Pinmap not found for peripheral when using "libmDot-dev-mbed5"

Home Forums mDot/xDot Pinmap not found for peripheral when using "libmDot-dev-mbed5"

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

I am using the version 70:c45c5f1e348d, of the libmDot-dev-mbed5 with the PVD change and using the right mbed-os version based on the link below.
    https://developer.mbed.org/teams/MultiTech/code/libmDot-dev-mbed5/shortlog

When I use the above mbed and mdot versions I get the following error when upgrading my app and even if I create a basic application which uses the mbed serial object.

“Pinmap not found for peripheral”

Also the application works fine the previous version of mbed os. I am assuming there is some change in the pinnames.h that may have caused this issue? I am using the mbed online compiler to compile all my application.

Thanks,
    Ajay.

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Ajay,

Which pin is no longer working?

Cheers,

Mike

Ajay K
    Participant

Hi Mike,

I am just using the serial objects. Since I just created a basic MBED serial object in my test application and all I do is access the debug serial port using USBTX and USBRX and set the baud. I call the MDot Logging API. But my original application uses XBEE_IN and XBEE_DOUT to access the db9 serial connector, in addition to the debug ports on the UDK board.

Both the application give out the same error. I don’t get any error in the earlier version of mdot lib and mbed os.

Thanks,
    Ajay

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Ajay,

XBEE_IN is not a valid pin name – perhaps you meant XBEE_DIN?

Cheers,

Mike

Ajay K
    Participant

Hey Mike,

I just mis-spelled that when I wrote it in the forum thread. However it is correctly used in the program. The XBEE related serial pins are only used in my actual application. The test application I wrote just to test a basic serial ports isn’t even working. In my test application as I mentioned I just use the debug USB ports to communicate with the mdot. This should have worked as is without any issues. As this works perfectly well in the older version and not sure why porting my application to mbed os 5 and libmdot os5 version should throw this error.

Is there a list of pin names that are no longer valid in the new version of libmdot built for mbed os5?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Ajay,

I was able to reproduce the issue. Revision 75 of libmDot-dev-mbed5 (latest as of right now) with mbed-os-5.2.2 seems OK. I’d suggest upgrading to those versions.

Cheers,

Mike

Ajay K
    Participant

Thanks Mike for your timely response and update. Would you be able to provide a timeline as to when the PVD support for the production version of the libmdot library be out with the pinmap fix that seems to be resolved in the latest dev library?

One of the reasons I was using the dev library was because the version I was using was one version after the stable production library with PVD feature support and I was told upgrading to that version was safe enough to test with. However as per your response I would be on a version that possibly is several versions ahead of the current production build of the libmdot?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Ajay K
    Participant

Now I get the same error when I use pin PC_13. Is there libmdot version that wouldn’t throw an error using this pinname? If I go to the pinnames.h file under the mdot target folder in the mbed-os github repository, I do see the pinname defined, however I don’t get a compilation error, but does error out when the application runs.

Can you let me know the right revision to use?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Ajay,

I will see what I can do to get a 2.0.16 build released for mDot. Worst case will be the next planned release – date for that is unknown at the moment.

What are you trying to do with pin PC_13? According to the STM32F411RE datasheet, it has no alternate functions. You should also take a look at 2. on page 46.

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/datasheet/b3/a5/46/3b/b4/e5/4c/85/DM00115249.pdf/files/DM00115249.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00115249.pdf

Cheers,
    Mike

Ajay K
    Participant

Thanks Mike for your response. I am using the PC_13 as an analog input and I did see the page in the data sheet you mentioned in your response. So they seem to have restrictions in o/p mode, but not in the case of input, so I don’t see a concern, unless you see this as an issue using this pin? Is the 2.0.16 a dev build or a production build?

Mike is there a reason why some of the pins are generating these errors? In the older mbed os/mdot builds prior to mbed os5 I never got these kind of errors, is there a reason for not making some of the gpio pins available to use?

Thanks,
    Ajay.

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Ajay,

Please take a look at page 39 of the STM32F411RE datasheet. Pin PC_13 is not connected to the ADC module, which is why it can’t be used as an analog input.

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/datasheet/b3/a5/46/3b/b4/e5/4c/85/DM00115249.pdf/files/DM00115249.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00115249.pdf

You will see these runtime errors usually for one of two reasons:
    1) The pin you’ve selected cannot be used the way you’re trying to use it. Examples of this are trying to create a Serial object where one or both pins aren’t connected/can’t be muxed to one of the uarts on the processor, trying to create an AnalogIn object with a pin that isn’t connected/can’t be muxed to the ADC module, etc.
    2) There’s a bug or missing pin mapping in the platform’s PeripheralPins.c file.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Mike

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.