OpenVpn on an OGC issues.

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG OpenVpn on an OGC issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Krajacic
    Participant

I am trying to install openvpn onto an MTCDP-h5-GP I used the ipk file included with Core CDP 2.2.2 when I attempt to run openvpn I get the following error.

openvpn: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0′ not found (required by openvpn)
    openvpn: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0′ not found (required by openvpn)

I have checked and it seems all of these libraries are present. I am not a linux guru so this is a bit of a head scratcher to me. All i need to do is to be able to VPN into this box to my network. If anyone has set one of these up this way or could shed some light on this issue it would be appreciated.

Bryan Tran

Hi Joseph,

Have you tried to issue the following command on the MTCDP:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib and see if it helps.

Notes: You may want to issue the following command to check to see if it is correct or not.

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH <–It should show the path /usr/lib

Regards,

BT

Joseph Krajacic
    Participant

Ok so I issued the commands as suggested. I get the same error. The path was not there to begin with.

Here is a snippet of the exchange.

# echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib
    # echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    /usr/lib
    # openvpn
    openvpn: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0′ not found (required by openvpn)
    openvpn: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0′ not found (required by openvpn)

Bryan Tran

Hi Joseph,

What about try to add the OpenVPN into your image ? To do this, you would do the following:

– Go to /corecdp-2.2.2/multitech/recipes/images and modify the corecdp-base-image.bb by adding the following line into this file

MISC_FEATURES= “minicom lrzsz nano openvpn”

Save the file and then do:

bitbake corecdp-base-image

Then flash this image to the MTCDP and see if it works for you.

Regards,

BT

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Joseph,
    I tested BT’s solution in the above post and did not encounter any errors. I ran openvpn without any arguments and saw the application’s usage message printed to the terminal as expected.

Did you put openvpn on your OCG as part of a bitbake image, or did you obtain it somewhere else?

-Mike

Joseph Krajacic
    Participant

And that worked. Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.