mDot_LoRa_Connect_Example problem

Home Forums mDot/xDot mDot_LoRa_Connect_Example problem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi guyz im using gateway MTCDT-210A and the mdot both are working perfectly with the AT coammands i can see the data sent by mdot on NodeRed but now i want to communicate the mdot with the gateway using the mbed code i used the example code mdot lora connect but its not working i changed the code according to my network name passphrase and FSB but still i cannot see anything on node red what could be the problem and one more thing the code uses a command logInfo or LogError so where can i see that log because that log could help me in debugging but i dnt know how to check the log please guide me someone

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Hi Aamir,

The Log* functions all print to the debug port. Please take a look at the following page.

https://developer.mbed.org/handbook/SerialPC

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for your help Mike……I checked the log but still i cant connect with the network although the sub band is 7 on both mdot code and on the gateway and the network name and passphrase are also the same but still i cannot connect.

Please help me out

Bryan Tran

Hi Aamir,

1. ssh into your Conduit and type:

/opt/lora/lora-network-server –version

*You should have version 1.0.8, if not please upgrade them.

http://www.multitech.net/developer/downloads/

Please, choose and download the correct file for your model.

2. For the mDot, please recompile it with the mbed-rtos set to version 111. To select mbed-rtos to older version – High light the mbed-rtos on left panel and then click on revision button at the main menu bar.

Then select your revision and then click on ‘switch’ button to switch it. Look on the right panel – It should show your revision.

Recompile it and upload to the mDot and see if it helps.

Thanks,

BT

Thanks Bryan…….i currently have
    MTS Network Server – Version 1.0.8 – AU915
    Lora network server – Version 1.0.8-r0.0

I also changed the revision to 111 but still it doesnot connect with the gateway.

Bryan Tran

Hi Aamir,

1. If you are running the MTS Network Server – Version 1.0.8 – AU915, then you also need to run the mDot firmware AU915.

2. If you are running the Lora network server – Version 1.0.8-r0.0, then you can run normal mDot firmware 1.0.8 with mbed-rtos version 111.

I am assuming that you are running MTS Network Server – Version 1.0.8 – AU915 and it was working fine with mDot-AU915 – firmware. Now you want to have the mbed online version.

If this is the case, please create a support case, so that I can attach the online mDot-1.0.8-AU915 for you.

Thanks,

BT

Thanks Bryan…….i currently have this version for the gateway:

admin@mtcdt:~# /opt/lora/lora-network-server –version
    MTS Network Server – Version 1.0.8-AU915
    admin@mtcdt:~# opkg list | grep lora
    lora-network-server – 1.0.8-r0.0
    lora-packet-forwarder – 1.4.1-r9.0
    lora-query – 1.0.2-r1.0

And i checked that the AT firmware on the website https://developer.mbed.org/platforms/MTS-mDot-F411/#mdot-library doesnot work and then i got the AT firmware version below:

at+join
    Successfully joined network

OK
    ati
    MultiTech mDot
    Firmware: 1.0.8-AU915-debug
    Library : 1.0.8-AU915-debug

and after this version it started working perfectly but now i want to switch to mbed platform and there i dnt know how to select the revision according to my device i have also created a support case.

One more question the post you send above confuses me because you said that if i have the AU915 MTS server i would need the mDot firmware AU915 thats ok but im confused that i have the AU915 version of MTS and lora version 1.0.8-r0.0 but these both are different things why you mentioned that i can work with mbed 111 with lora version 1.0.8-r0.0 because i have MTS Network Server – Version 1.0.8 – AU915 and lora version 1.0.8-r0.0 so i have both of them so im not sure what you exactly meant by :

“2. If you are running the Lora network server – Version 1.0.8-r0.0, then you can run normal mDot firmware 1.0.8 with mbed-rtos version 111.”

because im already running that version on the gateway but still 111 does not connect but in the same time im having MTS version AU915 so do you mean that i shouldnt have those two versions on the gateway at the same time. Please resolve the confusion.

Thanks,
    Aamir Shabbir Hussain
    Airlora Communications

Bryan Tran

Hi Aamir Shabbir Hussain,

There are two versions of the Lora Network server:

a. The Lora network server – Version 1.0.8-r0.0 is for normal US915.

b. The MTS Network Server – Version 1.0.8-AU915 is for Australia.

You can run either one. But not both at the same time. To see which version is currently running, you issue the following command:

/opt/lora/lora-network-server –version

and it will only return one version liked you have posted above.

—————————————–
    admin@mtcdt:~# /opt/lora/lora-network-server –version
    —————————————–

However, you said you have:

—————————————–
    Thanks Bryan…….i currently have
    MTS Network Server – Version 1.0.8 – AU915
    Lora network server – Version 1.0.8-r0.0
    —————————————-

So, I thought you meant you have both of them offline and I don’t know which version you are currently want to run. So, this is why I explained all the versions as in my previous post.

Thanks,

BT

Hi Bryan,

When i issue the command /opt/lora/lora-network-server –version i get

and when i issue the command

admin@mtcdt:~# opkg list | grep lora

i get this

lora-network-server – 1.0.8-r0.0
    lora-packet-forwarder – 1.4.1-r9.0
    lora-query – 1.0.2-r1.0

So, im confused why im having both of these the same time or the 2nd command opkg list | grep lora is for something else?

THanks,

Bryan Tran

Hi Aamir Shabbir Hussain,

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/opkg

Thanks,

BT

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.