mDot Debug Output on USB

Home Forums mDot/xDot mDot Debug Output on USB

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ashu Joshi
    Participant

I am not getting any output on the MicroUSB port of the UDK. However I can issue AT commands on the DB-9 port and they are working fine. Normally is there any output on the USB port of the UDK?

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Ashu,

The default log level is 0 (NONE). Issue AT+LOG to the device to see the current log level or change it.

Also, make sure your baud rates are correct. The mDot AT firmware uses 115200 as the default for both the debug and AT command ports. You should also disable any hardware or software flow control in your terminal application.

Also, on the UDK board there are two different micro USB connectors. You want to connect to J6 for debug output.

Cheers,

Mike

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Mike Fiore.
    Ashu Joshi
    Participant

Hi Mike – thanks – that did the trick. However I do have a confusion. I am using the standard firmware – 1.0.8 – and I can issue commands over the DB-9. What I am puzzled is that I do not see any messages that are being sent by using “logInfo” from a program (like the mDot_helloworld sample on mBed). Also I notice that according to the Multiconnect mDot MTDOT Developer Guide (s000612_2_0_7.pdf) – page 44 – the micro USB should expose two USB ports. I only see one…

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The two interfaces are provided by the USB. One appears as a USB drive for the user to load new firmware (program), the other is the Virtual COM Port for serial debug messages (debug).

J6 mbed USB Connector , attaches to the ST Micro controller. This provides access to two interfaces, one used to program the mDot and the other for debug messages.

For example programs the baud rate of the serial port is not being configured by libmDot. libmDot holds a configuration baud rate for use by the AT Command firmware, it does not setup the serial for an application.

The default mbed baud rate 9600 is being used.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Jason Reiss.
    Ashu Joshi
    Participant

Thanks – that did the trick!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.