LoRaWan and MQTT

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model LoRaWan and MQTT

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Heaton
    Participant

I have successfully configured my Conduit to talk to a third party LoRaWan end node, which is transmitting 3 bytes of data. I have configured a LoRa node in Node Red to link to a debug node and sure enough I can see the message on my debug screen.

I have also managed to set up an MQTT output to a MQTT broker and can successfully send data from an inject node via the broker.

What I can’t do is get the LoRa node to talk to the MQTT output node. I had assumed that I would just need to place a JSON node between the two, but this doesn’t work.

I have tried downloading a sample config from DeviceHQ but am unable to register my device at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

You should be able to wire the LoRa input node directly to the MQTT output node – the LoRa input node outputs JSON encoded data. You can inspect it by wiring to a debug node and configuring it to show all packet data instead of just the payload.

laurent brunet
    Participant

Hello Patrick,

I hope you managed to figure out your issue! If you don’t mind I would like to ask you a question too, since we are aiming to do the same thing currently.

I also managed to connect my end-device to the gateway and my next step is to test an output to an MQTT broker.

What steps did you take ( or what information did you follow) to set up the gateway to be able to communicate to the MQTT broker? I only tested the gateway in the default form of a static IP lan, and it obviously doesn’t have a way to connect to a broker yet.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.