LoRa custom message descriptor

Home Forums mDot/xDot LoRa custom message descriptor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chad Goyette
    Participant

I was wondering of it would be possible to add or modify mDot information outside of the payload packet? I would like to provide a message identity code to the gateway when i send a message that the gateway agent can use to handle the message appropriately without sacrificing payload capacity to do it.

some of the messages that will be sent are components of a larger statistical report file that will need to be assembled on the gateway before it is sent to the cloud. Since this report will take some time to send, live event data still needs to come through in between the report packets. Is there a way to modify a header field to identify one message type from another?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The 1-byte Port field can be used.

Call setAppPort before sending the payload.

Chad Goyette
    Participant

Thanks for the response. Is this the purpose of this field or does it serve some other function as well? Is there any documentation on what this call does or its purpose other than whats in mDot.h?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

It is a byte to be used by the application in LoRaWAN. It is sent as an identifier for the payload. It’s use is determined by the application.

0: mac commands in payload
    1-223: application specific
    224-255: reserved

https://www.lora-alliance.org/portals/0/specs/LoRaWAN%20Specification%201R0.pdf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.