How to power on the MTUDK2-ST-MDOT

Home Forums mDot/xDot How to power on the MTUDK2-ST-MDOT

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Xiong Liping
    Participant

J3 is the power jack,which can receive 5-9V voltage.when I supply 6V ,all the leds on MTUDK2-ST-MDOT board are not light.how should I input right voltage?

Tom Hill
    Participant

We are trying to do the same, however the board doesn’t seem to get powered up. I was wondering if we are missing a step here as I couldn’t find anything in the Developer guide indicating if any thing else needs to be done other than providing an external source of power. This is a bit urgent as we have do some field testing ASAP.

Thanks,
    Yogesh

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Not all the LEDs on the board will light up just from applying power, but you should see at least the PWR LED light up.

Do you have an mDot on the UDK2? Does it enumerate as a mass storage device named MULTITECH when you connect the USB cable to your PC?

Tom Hill
    Participant

Hi Mike,

None of the LED’s light up currently when we apply the external power. Also the mdot UDK2 does show up as a mass storage device when I connect it via the USB cable to the PC and everything just works fine.

Only that while we try to not connect the USB cable and try powering it up via the external power Jack J3 the Mdot doesn’t seem to get powered up and I was wondering if we had to do anything else in the UDK2 to be able to power it up via the J3 jack?

Thanks,
    Yogesh

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The UDK2 MDOT build is powered through the USB only.

There is a plug-in at J3, but the voltage regulator is not populated.

Michael
    Participant

J3 applies power to the Arduino connectors, but does not power the UDK2 board itself. The micro-USB supplies power to the UDK2.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.