How many Node-RED flows can run simultaneously on one AEP ?

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model How many Node-RED flows can run simultaneously on one AEP ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Capecchi Olivier
    Participant

Hello all,
    After tourough reading of the forum to check if somebody didn’t ask the same question before, I come with this question :
    How many Node-RED flows I can deploy simultaneously on one AEP Conduit before it starts to have computing and stability problems ?

My question is based on the following assumption : we want to deploy a private network and use one AEP Conduit as LoRa server that will treat all data received (directly from nodes or through packet forwarding from the other gateways of our network) through Node-RED and forward it to our physical infrastructure where the message will be treated “for real”.

So I suppose I have to run one Node-RED flow for each gateway that is going to forward the packets to the ‘main’ AEP Conduit that will serve as server and dispatcher to a computer.

Am I right ?
    If not, what would you advice ?
    Thanks guys and Happy New Year to all !
    Lucas

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

Hi Lucas,
    If I understand your scenario you should be able to use one Node-RED flow on the “main” AEP Conduit. You would have one input node for whatever interface you’re using and then take actions based on that message to package and transmit the message to the appropriate server on your network. What would the additional flows be doing? Performance is going to depend more on the number of nodes and what each node is doing so it is difficult to answer without knowing more about what each flow would be doing.

Capecchi Olivier
    Participant

Hello Peter,
    Thanks for the quick answer. Ok, I think I got it how we are going to manage all the packet forwarded to the “main” Conduit through one flow.
    We will start soon the tries.
    Sincerely yours,
    Lucas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.