How can I resize \dev\root?

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model How can I resize \dev\root?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Pickett
    Participant

I have software that I am installing on the Conduit that uses mono. I have everything installed with just a little bit of room (8M) left over on /dev/root. Then I discovered that I also need to have mozroots installed (I need certificates installed to connect to Azure). It looks like I can get this from mono-dev, but the install fails due to lack of space. Is there some way I can resize /dev/root?

Also, what is the procedure for re-imaging the Conduit so that I can verify that I have a minimal install of our software and an accurate installation procedure?

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Jonathan,

Good question, but unfortunately it’s already as large as possible. Your only other option is to remove packages you don’t need. Are you adding packages to mlinux-factory-image or mlinux-base-image?

This page has instructions for flashing new firmware into the Conduit as well as the memory map at the bottom.

Also see the Building a Custom Image page if you haven’t already.

Does that help?

-Brandon

Jonathan Pickett
    Participant

I was able to flash the device. Reflashing does not appear to wipe out everything on the Conduit (LoRa config file, interface config file, etc.). But it does wipe out previously installed packages. That helps.

I am experiencing a new problem after reflashing. I had my mDot successfully joining the LoRa network prior to the reflash. So I have not changed anything on the mDot. If I reflash the factory image, tail -f /var/log/lora-network-server.log reports:

15:49:43:615|INFO| Parsing 2 rx packets
    15:49:43:616|ERROR| Tossing join request, invalid NET EUI
    15:49:43:618|WARNING| Tossing join request with duplicate nonce

I then tried upgrading the lora-network-server and lora-packer-forwarder:
    opkg install lora-network-server
    opkg install lora-packet-forwarder

server version bumped from 0.0.3–>0.0.4

Now the log is reporting:
    15:54:48:745|INFO| LoRa Network Server started, version 0.0.4
    (nothing following this line)

I am not seeing any join requests. I have verified that the network name/password/subband are what they were previously (file is unchanged from reflash). What should I try next?

Jonathan Pickett
    Participant

Hi Brandon,

One other thing I have noticed is that:

root@mtcdt:/var/config/lora# /etc/init.d/lora-network-server restart
    Stopping lora-network-server: start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 1278: No such process
    OK
    Found lora card MTAC-LORA-915
    Starting lora-network-server: OK

The server appears to start and then quits. This is the reason the restart fails and also explains why I am not seeing join attempts in the log.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Jonathan,

Version 0.0.4 has an issue where it crashes and doesn’t run. You can upgrade to 0.0.8 following these instructions. You’ll also need to upgrade your mDot’s to 0.1.2 or greater if you haven’t already.

-Brandon

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

And to clarify, the /var/config/ partition is preserved during firmware flashes. Everything else is wiped out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.