Connecting an Arduino Shield to the UDK2

Home Forums mDot/xDot Connecting an Arduino Shield to the UDK2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shaheen Parvizi
    Participant

So I am trying to connect this 24V industrial I/O shield to the developer board (UDK2) connected to my mDot. I am trying to get a 4-20mA sensor to run through the shield and give my mDot a reading. The pin lay out is just like any other arduino shield, however it doesn’t seem that the shield I am connecting is getting powered up right.

The shield has no pins to connect to the D14 and D15 header of the X6 connectors. Is that a problem?

Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

Can you link the pinout for the specific shield you’re using?

Shaheen Parvizi
    Participant

https://www.rugged-circuits.com/24v-industrial-tech-page

I believe it’s towards the bottom of the page.

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

You’re using the 4-20mA inputs on that board, correct? Which input are you using? What ADC reading are you seeing across that 200 ohm sense resistor, if any?

Shaheen Parvizi
    Participant

I had the sensor connected to the 4-20 input, and the output connected to the GND header above. I am getting no current going through the connectors it seems. The voltage that seems to be coming out of any of those connectors seems to be 5.6V which does not seem right.

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

According to the description of the current inputs for that board the ADC channel is measuring the voltage across a 200 ohm resistor. One potential problem is that the max voltage on the ADC pin is 4.0V which is above the max voltage the ADC can read. If this was happening you would always see a max reading for anything above 3.3 (or whatever the 3.3V line is actually running at).

Shaheen Parvizi
    Participant

So are there any ways around this or is it best to use another shield?

What about libelium’s 4-20 mA board?

This is the 4-20ma version that is designed to fit on an arduino computer or a raspberry pi shield connector.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.