Configure ttyUSB3 on MTCDP-EV2-GP device

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG Configure ttyUSB3 on MTCDP-EV2-GP device

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I need to use the Qualcomm QPST and QXDM tools. Therefore, I am trying to forward the Qualcomm diagnostic port out of the device using netcat. QXDM and QPST can connect to a port over TCPIP, so netcat would be ideal.

On the EV2 device, the Qualcomm diagnostic port is ttyUSB3. I have managed to perform the forwarding, as both QPST and QXDM can see the modem, but somehow data is dropped or missing, and both tools fail to do much beyond discovering the ESN and Chipset Version.

I am using the following command to redirect the input and output to/from ttyUSB3 to port 54321:

nc -l -p 54321 < /dev/ttyUSB3 > /dev/ttyUSB3

When using “stty -F /dev/ttyUSB3 -a” I see that the port is not optimally configured, and I thought perhaps that could be the issue. I would therefore like to change the settings using stty, but I can not. It always fails with:

stty: /dev/ttyUSB3: cannot perform all requested operations

I have also built and installed socat for the device, but socat cannot get me any further along than netcat. QPST and QXDM behave very similarly with either netcat or socat. I have also used socat to forward ttyUSB3 over ttyS2 and ttyUSB4 (using an FTDI USB to serial converter), but, again, QXDM and QPST fail in the same manner as with netcat.

Can anyone tell me how to configure /dev/ttyUSB3 (at startup maybe), or present a different way of forwarding /dev/ttyUSB3 traffic so that QXDM and QPST can get at it?

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.