Conduit AEP Factory reset itself

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Conduit AEP Factory reset itself

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chad Goyette
    Participant

I have a handful of Conduits deployed out in the field and recently 2 of them have reset themselves to what I am assuming is factory default state. It resets the login password back to admin, erases the device HQ account number, disables cellular, ETC. at the time one of them was running firmware 1.3.2. Has anyone experienced this issue? Is there a way to program information like the cellular config, APN, Device HQ account number, Etc, so that it acts as a factory default in the event this happens again so that the gateway is not sitting in a remote location unable to connect?

Steve Kovarik

Hi Chad

I am not aware of anyone experiencing this issue before. How are the devices powered? Something you can try….once you have reconfigured the Conduits, in the GUI go to “Administration” then “Save/Restore” and Set Current Configuration As User-Defined Default. Then let us know if it happens again.

-Best Regards

Chad Goyette
    Participant

Thanks Steve,
    I’ll try to save the config and hopefully, this solves the issue if it ever happens again. The devices are powered with the standard wall wart they came with. this was an odd problem since one of the devices has been running out in the field for close to a year with no issues. When the customer shipped it back to me I powered it up and it acted like a new box starting with the setup wizard.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.