AT commands?

Home Forums General AT commands?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jon Ross
    Participant

I’m going crazy. I cannot get the AT commands to function on an mdot. I can load code quite happily onto the mdot, look at the debug interface, get it to talk to a conduit mlinux gateway. No problem. In my com ports I see the XR21V1410 USB Uart device, looking happy. I connect to it with terraterm. Set the flow control off, local echo on. Try both 115200 and 9600 baud rates. Type ? – Nada. Type AT – Nada.
    I then tried loading the Mdot_AT_Firmware, which as far as I understand pipes the AT interface onto the debug com port. Still nada.
    I should mention I’m using the MTMDK-ST-MDOT to talk to the serial interfaces on the mdot.
    I need to test the mdot for the power issue – I’m not getting very good range – about a third what I get when I try the semtech eiger testing units.

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Jon,

By default, the AT Command firmware uses the serial port through the DB9 connector on the UDK, not the virtual USB COM port.

See if that works for you.

-Brandon

Jon Ross
    Participant

Aha, I’m not using the UDK. I’m using the EVB.
    Can I change these lines in the AT firmware to use the AT commands over USB com?
    Serial debug(USBTX, USBRX);
    mts::MTSSerial serial(XBEE_DOUT, XBEE_DIN, 512, 512);

Thanks!

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Jon,

Yes, you can!

-Brandon

Jon Ross
    Participant

OK, successfully routed the USB serial to the AT command interface, set the tx power to 20 on the mdot, the tx power to 26 on the conduit. I removed the conduit antenna, unfortunately the antenna on the EVB is soldered on.
    So in general, should the ping be 6dBm higher than the rssi?

1 foot distance between mdot and conduit:
    at+ping
    OK
    at+rssi
    -74, -82, -47, -62

6 feet distance between mdot and conduit:
    at+ping
    OK
    at+rssi
    -82, -82, -47, -60

15 feet distance between mdot and conduit:
    at+ping
    OK
    at+rssi
    -96, -96, -47, -71

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

With that setup, the mDot effective transmit power is 23 dBm and the Conduit’s is 26 dBm. So the RSSI should be slightly higher than PING (which it is).

-Brandon

Jim Maricondo
    Participant

I’ve got the same problem and can’t get the AT commands to work on my mDot EVB dev board. I assume that the AT command firmware for the mDot on http://www.multitech.net/developer/downloads/ is designed for the MTUDK2-ST-MDOT.

Can you please tell me exactly what you changed those two lines to in main.cpp in the mDot_AT_firmware project? I’d also like to recompile it for my EVB.

Serial debug(USBTX, USBRX);
    mts::MTSSerial serial(XBEE_DOUT, XBEE_DIN, 512, 512);

I assume they are set as is for compatibility with the MTUDK2-ST-MDOT, which uses the DB9 serial port for AT commands.

Thanks,
    -Jim

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Just swap the pins.

Serial debug(XBEE_DOUT, XBEE_DIN);
    mts::MTSSerial serial(USBTX, USBRX, 512, 512);

Jim Maricondo
    Participant

Worked great, thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.