Access to LoRa node information via serial connection

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Access to LoRa node information via serial connection

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lorne Vaasjo
    Participant

I’m new to this system and have been asked to create a simple demonstration project where the status information of connected LoRa nodes is transmitted out of the Conduit via a serial interface.
    Can anyone tell me what easiest method to achieve this is. I presume that the data would be available via the USB device port, debug port and possibly via an RS232 accessory card.

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

The simplest method would be to use a MTAC-MFSER card. There is a node red output node for the MFSER module so the flow could be as simple as a LoRa input node, a function node that parses the message and the output node to the serial port. You can also interface to the serial port as you would any other at /dev/ttyAP1 or /dev/ttyAP2 depending on which accessory port you used. If you use the commandline you’ll need to set the mode using the mts-io-sysfs function described here:
    http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/mlinux/using-mlinux/mlinux-using-accessory-cards/mtac-mfser-usage/

Lorne Vaasjo
    Participant

Thanks Peter. Is the existing USB device port unavailable to do this type of operation?

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

The USB device connector provides a serial terminal so you could just use stdout there You’d need to handle the lora data as if you were on a mlinux conduit after installing the mosquitto mqtt pub/sub commands from the mosquitto-clients package. http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/conduit-mlinux-lora-communication/
    You can also try plugging in a USB serial adapter into the USB host connector, modules for some chips are available in the opkg feed. For example the pl2303’s module is provided by kernel-module-pl2303

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.