Using RS485 and LoRa card together

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model Using RS485 and LoRa card together

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James Wu
    Participant

Hi

Could someone let me know if I can use a LoRa card and RS485 card together? Thanks

J

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

James,

You should be able to use both those cards plugged into your Conduit at the same time.

Jeff

James Wu
    Participant

Hi Jeff

Thank you for your reply, we are interested in using LoRa as RF link only, and get the data out from the RS485(very shot payload, less than 6 bytes).

Would you give me some one or two point on what is the best way to do this with MultiConnect® Conduit?

I have two options in mind:

1)Setup a private LoRaWAN, and somehow send the data out to RS485

2)get the data directly from the SPI RF front end (assuming multitech is using SPI interface), and send the data to the RS485.

Your feedback is appreciated!

thanks

James

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

James,

If you are using the LoRa Network Server on the Conduit, it can send the data through MQTT to Mosquitto on the Conduit. At least it does that on the AEP Conduit. Have you looked into the AEP Conduit? It has Node-RED available, and you can use the LoRa node there to read the LoRa data, process it with a function node if you need to, and send it to the serial card using the multi-serial node.

There are also many references for reading from Mosquitto topics on the internet including C++ and Python examples. If you use the Network Server to write to Mosquitto topics, a C++ or Python program could read the topic and write to the serial card.

The nice thing about using the LoRa Network Server is that you won’t have to reinvent the wheel writing code to read the SPI interface.

Jeff

James Wu
    Participant

Hi Jeff

Thank you for your help, I will look into using the LoRa Network Server and MQTT (MQTT is new to me).

I think you help have save me a lot of time, appreciate it!

James

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.