Toolchain dependency to glibc 2.11

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG Toolchain dependency to glibc 2.11

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daryl Nebrich
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to cross-compile an application for the EV2-GP device using CDP 1.1.1.

For my 32-bit Ubuntu desktop, everything is fine. I’ve built CDP 1.1.1, extracted the armv5te toolchain from ${OETREE}/build/tmp/cross/armv5te/bin and built using a new version of Ubuntu which has gcc 4.4.3 installed.

Unfortunately, our Hudson build server runs 64-bit RHEL 5.5 which uses gcc 4.1. Dependencies of arm-corecdp-linux-gnueabi-gcc –

ldd -v arm-corecdp-linux-gnueabi-gcc

./arm-corecdp-linux-gnueabi-gcc: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11′ not found (required by ./arm-corecdp-linux-gnueabi-gcc)

libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00002b3a593f5000)

/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00002b3a591d8000)

Version information:

./arm-corecdp-linux-gnueabi-gcc:

libc.so.6 (GLIBC_2.4) => /lib64/libc.so.6

libc.so.6 (GLIBC_2.3) => /lib64/libc.so.6

libc.so.6 (GLIBC_2.11) => not found

libc.so.6 (GLIBC_2.3.4) => /lib64/libc.so.6

libc.so.6 (GLIBC_2.2.5) => /lib64/libc.so.6

/lib64/libc.so.6:

ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (GLIBC_2.3) => /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2

ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (GLIBC_PRIVATE) => /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2

This is new territory for me. I would like to be able to build on the official hudson server. From the reading I did, there’s no easy/safe way to upgrade gcc/tools on the server. There’s talk of using chroot which would setup a new environment. Not sure if that’s the answer. I wanted to see if others have had this problem or if there’s a toolchain I could use that doesn’t require GLIBC 2.11.

Thanks,

Daryl

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

We don’t officially support using RHEL 5 since the python version is too old to run bitbake.

However, there are extra packages available for RHEL that include python 2.6 that makes running bitbake possible.

Then you could try building the CDP image (including toolchain) on your RHEL system.

Look at the information available:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

You’ll need to install the python26 and git packages. Then when you run bitbake, you’ll need to use python26 to run it. Assuming you are at the top of the corecdp dir, you can run:

python26 bitbake/bin/bitbake

I have verified that I can actually run bitbake in this manner, but I haven’t finished building the toolchain or image yet to know if it will all work though it looks promising.

Jesse

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

I was able to successfully build corecdp-base-image on CentOS 5.6 using the EPEL repository and python26.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.