Timout / disconnected

Home Forums iSMS Timout / disconnected

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gerben Bremmer
    Participant

When we use the MultiModem administration site we get a lot of disconnects. When we change a setting we have to logon several times before we get the right page.

We use version: 1.51.25
    Time Before Automatic Disconnect is already set on 3600 seconds.

Bryon Davis

Hi Gerben,
    I would first verify that everything on the IP side is working. Do pings respond consistently? Do other devices on the same switch work reliably?

Does rebooting temporarily clear the condition?

If the IP network looks good, but the iSMS is still slow to respond, there may be a problem with low disk space. I would then suggest to create a case in the tech support portal so we can troubleshoot the problem in more depth.

Normally disk space is managed so you don’t need to manually delete any files, but some of the older firmware had bugs that would let unmanaged files build up over time. Or it could be other related problems.

Regards,
    Bryon

Gerben Bremmer
    Participant

Hi Bryon,

Yes the device stays reachable by ping only the webinterface times-out. How do I create a case in the tech support portal?

Regards,

Gerben

Bryon Davis

Hi Gerben,
    To create a support case go to http://support.multitech.com and select register to create a Multi-Tech ID. Afterwards you should be able to create a new case. The support portal is free.

Regards,
    Bryon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.