status light blinking

Home Forums General status light blinking

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    magouero
    Participant

Hello,
    maybe a stupid question:
    on conduit documentation regarding status led it is stated:
    “Default condition: LED blinks when mLinux is fully loaded”

1-Does this mean that when it blinks the processor is not able to cope with all the requested operations ?

On mine (AEP model) it always blinks 2 short bursts then a pause then again, total being ~1s.
    2-As i find the conduit a bit slow Is this normal behaviour ?

What should it display when problem ?

3-Same question for LS led, continuously blinking (1sON, 2 OFF): Is it normal behaviour when a Lora card is installed?

4-Is it normal that after “shutdown now” it stays like that, always , for all leds ?
    So we cannot know if it is running or not…
    Very bad choice up to me that should be changed.
    Thanks for your answers.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

To answer #1: The status LED blinks in that manner to signal that the unit is up and running. The two short blinks and pause are the normal operation.

#2: This is the normal state. Usually when the unit is rebooting both the status and LS lights go solid (lit). If they stay stuck this way or stay unlit then there is a problem.

#3: The LS LED is for Cellular. If the LS is not lit, either there is no Cellular radio or Cellular is not enabled.

#4: The only time either the status or LS LEDs will not have the behaviors described in #1 and #3 is if there is something wrong or, in the case of the LS, it will not be lit if there is no Cellular modem or Cellular is not enabled on the device.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

magouero
    Participant

Thank you Jeff.
    Indeed it helps.

why not putting this answer into a “sticky ” forum topic as we cannot see these informations elsewhere ?

magouero
    Participant

back on this topic because:

after updating 4 new conduit AEP (rj45 cable log on webpage, update … file 1.3.2….bin, wait 6 minutes etc.)
    the same way than what i did on the first one i got:

1 conduit unable to start GSM, had to use revert to factory thing.
    OK now.

But on all four, after updating, i have CD led never lit. Whereas the first one i did has it permanently on, excepting during start. Weird.

Is this an indication of a bad stuff or bug hidden and lurking somewhere ?

What’s your advice on this ?

Thanks.

devices: mtcdt eap H5 210A eu gb + 1 lora card in AP2 slot.

magouero
    Participant

Just to help others:

while in run: all leds are used
    after “shutdown now” => same status (!!! 🙁 )
    after “HALT” command : only power led, ON constantly and LS led blinking 1sON /2s OFF.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by magouero.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by magouero.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.