SSH over wan

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG SSH over wan

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Neil McGuire
    Participant

I’m sure I’m missing something, but how can I get my device to accept ssh connections from the cellular WAN connection? I used the following line, but using putty on port 22 still didn’t let me connect:

iptables -t filter -A INPUT -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

I checked the ip using

curl checkip.dyndns.org

and it was the one I was using, but trying to ssh into it was still not working. Is there something I need to modify in the sshd configuration?

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

No, you shouldn’t need to modify anything in the sshd config, it should be listening on all network interfaces by default.

If you have some iptables rules defined, I would try clearing them out all temporarily and then try it again. Without any iptables rules, all traffic should be allowed and you should be able to ssh to the unit if you have a public IP address.

Neil McGuire
    Participant

Okay, so here’s what’s happening: I’m getting an ip internal to the mobile network. I can ssh from one device to the other over the cell network using the internal addresses, which just means that I need to keep one sitting on my desk connected via eth0 to my dev computer in order to ssh into the deployed devices when necessary. Now if only pppd would never have issues. Someone had mentioned a cron job to check for internet conenctivity and reset the modem, etc if it failed. I’ll have to see if I can find an example.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.