Simultaneous sends and 2 APIs ?

Home Forums iSMS Simultaneous sends and 2 APIs ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Christophe NGUYEN
    Participant

Hi,

We are about to buy the SF100 iSMS device, and were wondering how it was handling simultaneous requests to send SMS from 2 application on 2 differents PCs on the LAN.

How does it handle simultanenous request

– with HTTP API

– with TCP API

Is there a queuing system which guarantees that every single SMS send request will be processed individually one by one or are SMS Send request rejected if another one is in progress and so the client applications need to handle its own ‘retries’ ?

If there is a queues, does it have a maximum size ?

Also, what are the main advantages/disadvantages between HTTP API and TCP API ?

Regards,

Christophe.

Bryon Davis

Hi Christophe,

I did some testing with two PCs sending sendmsg requests simultaneously. The iSMS accepted the requests from both PCs simultaneously and then sent the SMS messages. This was true for HTTP and TCP.

All requests are put in a queue and processed individually. The sending queue is fairly large, I don’t have exact numbers of the maximum on hand, but I’ve had over 3,000 jobs in the queue in my testing.

There is no real difference to the iSMS whether TCP or HTTP is used. It depends on your preference when programming the send API applications. You may prefer the support certain languages have for HTTP or TCP.

Regards,

Bryon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.