Sample Node-RED flow from LoRa Starter Kit

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Sample Node-RED flow from LoRa Starter Kit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Makarychev
    Participant

Just recently got my MultiTech LoRa Starter Kit, which had a pre-intalled node-red flow on the AEP Conduit. However, the LoRa demo, which was supposed to send data from the mDot Box, parse the data on the Conduit, and send it to IBM’s Watson QuickStart service didn’t work right out of the box. Spent about 4 hours trying to find the problem, and got it working in the end simply by updating the firmware on the Conduit and mDot Box to the latest version available. However, when I restarted the Conduit on the next day – the node-red flow disappeared… I tried to find it on the developer pages and on the forum, but with no luck.

So, to get to my question: does anyone have the code for the sample flow that comes pre-installed with the Conduit? I do feel tempted in a way to start writing my own flow, but I’d like to fully understand the example that was given before doing so.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mark Makarychev
    Participant

Today I noticed that the mDot Box has a pretty cool feature (or mode I guess) in the latest version (1.3.3) called GPS scan, which would allow me to see where I start to loose signal for any given DR/PW combination. I thought that since there is a GPS scan mode in the official mDot Box firmware, there must be some official MultiTech code to receive the data on the other end (on the conduit and optimally send+display the GPS data on some service like Watson). Started searching, and once again didn’t find any sample Node-RED flows.

I really like that MultiTech does a good job of documenting their products, which really helps semi-beginners like myself, but I’m starting to see that the weakest link in the documentations seems to be the lack of Node-RED flow samples. Does anyone know whether they plan on creating such examples to help people get some test projects up and running, or has this been completely left up to the end developers?

Hello,

The sample flow and others can be found on DeviceHQ.

https://www.devicehq.com

Once you create an account and login, click on the Store tab. Next you will need to check Public Apps and then search for LoRa. You should then see the LoRa-starter-kit App. Click the Add to My Apps and then you can schedule this is app to be installed on you device. More information on DeviceHQ can be found here.

http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/devicehq/

Regards,
    Carol Almquist

Mark Makarychev
    Participant

Oh wow, thanks! I had a feeling that DeviceHQ should have what I was looking for, and had even already made an account, but it seems I always skimmed over the “store” tab and never tried checking the “public apps” checkbox.

I’ve successfully found the LoRa demo, but I didn’t find anything for the “GPS sampling mode” that is found in the mDot Box. Does such a flow exist? Or has it just not been published yet?

Once again, thanks a lot for your answer Carol – won’t be too hard now to make my own “GPS sampling” flow using the starter-kit’s demo!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.