Receive API HTTP Post Fields

Home Forums iSMS Receive API HTTP Post Fields

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sando Johnson
    Participant

Hi, is it possible to change the HTTP Post fields to replace the XMLDATA field so that messages can properly post to my HTTP Server? And also, can I possible convert it to a HTTP GET instead?

Sando

Bryon Davis

Hi Sando,

Sorry, it’s not currently possible to change the format of Receive API data.

Regards,

Bryon

fleure fleure
    Participant

hollo , can you help me please to configure multimodem isms for Receive API ( with TCP) and how i can test this please.
    thank you.

Bryon Davis

Hi fleure,
    Which Receive API mode do you want to use, Polling or Non-Polling?

With Non-Polling, the iSMS will automatically deliver incoming messages to a server when they are received.

With Polling, your software would need to send a recvmsg request to get the unread incoming sms messages.

For more information see the MultiModem iSMS Administrator’s Guide’s “Appendix A – Application Programming Interface (API)” section. See link below.

http://www.multitech.com/manuals/s000461f.pdf

Regards,
    Bryon

fleure fleure
    Participant

Hello and thank you for your return;
    here is the My Test :
    I send an SMS via my phone to number configured on the modem and I run a telnet recvmsg command to see what I recovers but I get an error (System Busy)

Bryon Davis

fleure,
    It looks like you are using Polling mode for the Receive API. Make sure that “Non Polling Receive API Status” is disabled in the SMS API menu. If using TCP, also select TCP as the Protocol and click save.

In my testing I would receive a “System Busy” error when sending a TCP recvmsg request if “Non Polling Receive API Status” was enabled. Once I disabled this, then I was able to successfully send the TCP recvmsg request.

The format of the recvmsg request is:

GET /recvmsg?user=admin&passwd=admin[&count=][&from][&fdate=][&tdate=][&ftime=][&ttime=][&text=]

An example of a simple TCP recvmsg request would be (requests all unread received sms messages):

/recvmsg?user=admin&passwd=admin

Note: that the above request must end with a carriage return and linefeed.

Bryon

fleure fleure
    Participant

Hello, i use the non polling mode to receive message ( using TCP socket) but i must answer the mutiModem isms and send an ok response for it stop to send me all the old messages.
    can you give me the format of response to send to the Multimodem isms.
    thank you.

Bryon Davis

fleure,
    The TCP response should be “OK” (without the quotes).

What firmware version are you using? There is a known issue with v1.50.7 where the OK response isn’t always recognized, and the same messages are repeatedly sent.

The firmware at the links below is the latest firmware and includes a fix for this:

SF100:
    https://webfiles.multitech.com/engineering/unofficial-releases/iSMS%20(Formerly%20SMSFinder)/Firmware/SF100/1.51.28/SF100-u-v1.51.28-25Nov2014.zip

SF400 and SF800:
    https://webfiles.multitech.com/engineering/unofficial-releases/iSMS%20(Formerly%20SMSFinder)/Firmware/SF400_SF800/1.51.28/SF400-800-u-v1.51.28-25Nov2014.zip

Bryon

fleure fleure
    Participant

thank you bryon. i want juste the format of response to send to multi Modem isms if this possible to send ot me please.
    thank you.

fleure fleure
    Participant

hello, i d’ont find the solution for my problem. i d’ont know how send ok respons to multimodem isms.
    please can you help me.
    thank you.

Bryon Davis

fleure,
    What programming language are you using?

Bryon

fleure fleure
    Participant

i use java language.
    i juste search the format of answer to send to the multi modem for the ok response.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.