Questions regarding operating mDot in European LORA Channel.

Home Forums mDot/xDot Questions regarding operating mDot in European LORA Channel.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

I had queries regarding operating the mDot in European Channel. I know there are more air time/duty cycle restrictions on the European LORA channel. I was looking the Multitech’s github examples for programming against mDot. Here is the code below in dot_util.cpp.

int send_data(std::vector<uint8_t> data) {
        int32_t ret;

ret = dot->send(data);
        if (ret != mDot::MDOT_OK) {
            logError("failed to send data to %s [%d][%s]", dot->getJoinMode() == mDot::PEER_TO_PEER ? "peer" : "gateway", ret, mDot::getReturnCodeString(ret).c_str());
        } else {
            logInfo("successfully sent data to %s", dot->getJoinMode() == mDot::PEER_TO_PEER ? "peer" : "gateway");
        }

return ret;
    }

So my first question because of the air time/duty cycle restrictions in Europe don’t we need to call the mdot api like shown in the code below, which was something similar that used to be in the older dot examples. Don’t we need to call these api before calling the send method or the latest mdot api send method handles this internally?

if (m_dot->getNextTxMs() > 0 || m_dot->getIsTransmitting()) {
         return;
    }

Second question don’t you have to add the check while attempting to Join the network as well?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

If you do not check the nexttxms value to calls to send or join will fail. The time can better be used to sleep.

Ajay K
    Participant

Thanks Jason for taking the time to respond. Other then calling the getNextTxMs() method to determine the next available transmission window, do we need to do anything else to handle out installations in Europe?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.