Python script I/O for the Telit module

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG Python script I/O for the Telit module

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sol Boucher
    Participant

I have a MultiConnect OCG-E board with a MTSMC-H5-U board. I’m able to load Python scripts onto the Telit chip, and they’re able to communicate with the AT interface (i.e. via MDM.send() and MDM.read()) just fine: I’ve tested this by bringing up an SSL connection and sending data over it, then verifying that it is received by the server.
    However, I’m unable to interface with the script directly. I’ve tried:

import MDM
    import SER
    SER.set_speed('115200', '8N1')
    SER.send('Hello, world!')

But I don’t see anything on /dev/ttyACM0 when connecting with minicom and running AT#EXECSCR. My AT#PORTCFG is set to 3. Should I change that or be looking on a different serial interface?

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Sol,
    The python implementation in the current Telit firmware does not include a module for python to communicate with the USB interface on the radio module. The OCG hardware does not connect to either serial interface on the radio (SER or SER2). So, currently there is no way for a python script running on the radio to communicate with any interface shared with the OCG hardware.

I have been told that future firmware will include a module to allow python to communicate with the USB interface, however I don’t have any idea when this will be available.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.