Purpose of AT+RECV and AT+RECVC

Home Forums mDot/xDot Purpose of AT+RECV and AT+RECVC

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul Klapperich
    Participant

I’m currently evaluating the mDots using the factory firmware, and I noticed the AT+RECV command to receive packets as well as the AT+RECVC. But it seems that sending a message from the conduit really just puts the message in a queue and waits for the mDot to initiate communication before transmitting. This makes sense for the construction of low-powered devices; standard use case is something like mDot on a battery spends most of it’s time in sleep state, wakes on timer/pin activity to transmit some status and then go back to sleep.

I found on which confirms the intentional nature of this

Because Conduit and mDots are currently designed for the LoRa Class A specification, the Conduit can only send a packet to an mDot during one of the two receive windows the mDot opens after transmitting a packet to the Conduit.

But then why do AT+RECV and AT+RECVC exist? And if there are several messages queued to send in the conduit, is it possible to send them all after the mDot sends 1 message, or is it always 1 message received for 1 message sent to the conduit?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The conduit will send only one message downlink per uplink.
    Otherwise there would be some format needed in order to concatenate two packets.

AT+DP (data pending) will tell the end-point if there are more messages available on the server.

AT+RECV shows the last packet received, which was also displayed after AT+SEND

AT+RECVC is used to for testing receive functionality of the radio outside of LoRaWAN when doing compliance testing

More info can be found in our AT Command Guide
    http://www.multitech.com/manuals/s000643_1_1.pdf

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.