Packetforwarder to Loraserver Setup over LTE missing packets

Home Forums Lora Network Server Packetforwarder to Loraserver Setup over LTE missing packets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Simon
    Participant

Hi All,

i am having quite a intersting situation.
    i have 2 Gateways which are both using LTE backhaul.
    One Gateway is setup as packetforwarder and points to the dyndns adress of the other gateway which is configured as Loraserver.
    Using this setup i have two problems:

1.) i have a dataloss of about 40%
    2.) downlink is not working

– Do you know if the dataloss is possible due to LTE and too much delay?
    – Do you know how i could debug this problem?
    – In the Settings of the packetforwarder i can adjust “Push Timeout” what this is for?
    – Do you know why downlink is not working?

Thank you very much for your help

Steve Kovarik

Hello Simon

Currently we only support Packet_Forwarder_to_LoRaServer when the two are interfaced via an Ethernet LAN. The timing is critical and using cellular on the Packet Forwarder is too latent and causes packet loss issues like you are experiencing.

-Best Regards

Simon
    Participant

Hi Steve,

i would like to understand this a little bit better.

For uplink i the the follwoing data flow:

PF<====LTE=====>Loraserver<=========>Applicaiton

even if there is a high latency the packet should still arrive at the loraserver and should be relayed to the application.

For the downlink i want to investigate where the downlink packet gets stuck

Application<============LTE====>Loraserver<======LTE=====>Packetforwarder

The application queues the downlink in the loraserver. When the Class A Device sends its uplink to the Loraserver the Loraserver will immediatly use its two windows to set the downlink. I have more than one second time. if the packetforwader pings the loraserver i hava a ping of 56ms.
    Is there anything i am missing?

My Problem is, that i have a big installation with multiple sensors (>500). Since the builing has 8 levels i need to use multiple gateways that can only use LTE. If i set every gateway to be a loraserver, than the devices can only use one gateway for up and downlink, since the inital join request was handled by one gateway. If i could use the Loraserver Packetforwader setup one sensor will be recieved by all gateways which will increase the performance and the stability of the network dramatically.

If you have any idea what will be a solution for this case i am more than happy.

Thank you for your support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.