Node-RED : securise MQTT connection

Home Forums General Node-RED : securise MQTT connection

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Claude Favreau
    Participant

Hi,

I would like securise the connection between the gateway and the server when I am using MQTT but the simple way to modify the port 1883 by 8883 will not working. Moreover there aren’t more options in these version of Node-RED to configure the broker with TLS.

Maybe someone has already had a similare problem ?

Regards

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

Are you trying to secure the MQTT server running on the Conduit or creating a secure connection from the Conduit to another MQTT server? The built in MQTT nodes do not support certificate based authentication, but do support a username and password over tls.

Claude Favreau
    Participant

I want to secure connection from the Conduit to another MQTT server with a certificate. Do you know if the Conduit will support it soon because it’s already offering by the last version of Node-Red?

I am not the better in security but usersame and password over TLS is a good alternative to certificate based authentification?

Regards

Claude Favreau
    Participant

In addition, if I use the username/password, it won’t be really secure my connection because the username/password will be sent in clear at the distant broker?

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.