No space left on device

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model No space left on device

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rolf@onethinx.com
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to install node-red-dashboard but I get errors while installing. It turns out there’s not enough space left on the device.

When I go to the home folder and do df . I see there’s only 184K available.
    /dev/mtdblock6 8192 8008 184 98% /var/config

On dev/root there’s still 58M available. How can I increase the size of the home folder?

Regards,
    Rolf

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello Rolf,

1) Please confirm you are using mLinux and tell us which version.
    2) If the device is running mPower, there will be a different way to handle this also depending on the version.

Thank You,

Jeff

rolf@onethinx.com
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Please see the screenshot.

Thanks,
    Rolf

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello Rolf,

You have a device running mPower 5.3.3. You can add things to the root partition, however, that will be deleted on upgrade due to the fact that an overlayfs is being used. In summary, the overlayfs is a “delta” of all the changes added/written to the root partition. The actual root partition is read-only. The overlayfs is something you’re better off letting the system handle.

There should be a /var/persistent directory on the device. That directory is created in the same partition as the overlayfs, but it is handled separately and not deleted on upgrade. In that partition you will see the Node-RED application installed if you have installed it. That is where you could theoretically install the dashboard also.

Thank You,

Jeff

rolf@onethinx.com
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

The node-red-dashboard plugin needs to be installed with npm install due to the dependencies.

Is it possible to use npm install with a larger temporary space? npm install node-red-dashboard@2.3.3 gives Error: ENOSPC

-Rolf

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello Rolf,

One thing I did a long time ago, so I’m not sure how it will work today, is to use “npm install ” where folder is the location of the actual npm package and it creates a link in the “current project” which I think is the default npm install location. Hopefully it would work such that you would put the dashboard package in a directory with more space and a sym link would get created to it in the project where you want it to install.

Thank You,

Jeff

rolf@onethinx.com
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Do you mean to install the package using:
    npm install --prefix /var/persistent node-red-dashboard@2.3.3

-Rolf

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello Rolf,

That probably will work also (I think I used that option several years ago, but it has been quite a while) to install the dashboard code in /var/persistent. I am not sure how exactly it will integrated with the Node-RED, but there will be some way to associate the Node-RED package with the dashboard if you need to.

The /var/persistent directory is definitely where you want things to be so that they don’t get deleted on firmware upgrade. Since that isn’t a standard directory that packages may look into, there may be more tweaking to get things to work out of that directory with the dashboard package.

Jeff

rolf@onethinx.com
    Participant

I now get a ssh: connect to host 192.168.2.100 port 22: Connection refused

I can login to the webinterface and if I check Administration > Access Configuration SSH is enabled.

I have no clue what happened, just did a sudo reboot.

Hi, I think I got the same issue when accessing the /var/persistent directory to install a custom app.
    I got a “permission denied” even when using the sdk scripts.
    Do you have any workaroud ?

Thank’s

Bart

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.