No MQTT connection in Node-Red

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model No MQTT connection in Node-Red

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aitor Gartziandia
    Participant

Hi,

I have been trying to send data from the Conduit using the MQTT output node in node-red and I wasn´t able to connect it succesfully to any broker.

I followed step by step the instructions in the following page to connect it to IBM Bluemix and didn´t work.
    https://developer.ibm.com/recipes/tutorials/getting-started-with-watson-iot-platform-using-node-red/

I also tried to connect with some other brokers like HiveMQ and obtained the same result. The MQTT output node always appears “disconnected”.

I was succesful to tweet data with the Twitter output node, so it seems that the Conduit is able to reach the internet.

What may be failing?

Thanks!

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Aitor,

Take a look in /var/log/app/node-red.log and see if there is any error or other information pertaining to the MQTT node. That would be the first place to start to debug what is going on in the Node-RED flow.

Jeff

Aitor Gartziandia
    Participant

Checking the /var/log/app/node-red.log file I can see this error appearing when the flow starts running and every time I try to send data:

16 Jan 15:09:22 – [mqtt] [e346f7df.1cb908] connection lost to broker tcp://broker.hivemq.com:1883

At this moment I have a simple flow with a Inject node and an MQTT output node, attempting to connect a HiveMQ broker.

Aitor Gartziandia
    Participant

The issue was caused by the firewall and I was able to fix it.

Thanks for your help!

laurent brunet
    Participant

Edit: answered my own question.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.