Newbie questions

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG Newbie questions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marcus Siqueira
    Participant

Recently I purchased a Cellular Development Platform (MTCDP-E1-GP-DK-1.0) and as beginner on Linux staff I am facing some problems to start working with the system. I would like to know the following:

1- Does u-boot, linux image and root file system normally come from factory already flashed in the platform ? I have installed the debug cable and set serial interface with 115200,n,8,1, but I am not receiving any u-boot messages on it.

2 – Is it possible to boot the linux image from the SD card ? And also have the root file system in the SD card ?

Thanks a lot for any help on this.

Hitesh
    Participant

I have similar problem with the debug serial port.Any help is appreciated.

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

Marcus

1. Yes, the unit comes pre-flashed with a working Linux system. It should boot up and have an IP address of 192.128.2.1, which you can ssh to. See http://www.multitech.net for more information.

Regarding the serial debug cable, your settings are correct (115200, 8N1). If you power off the CDP, attach the serial debug cable (with your terminal software running) and then power on the CDP, you don’t see any U-boot messages?

Can you verify that your serial port on your PC is working by using it with a different device?

2. Booting the kernel from the SD card is not currently supported (would require a bootloader change). It is technically possible to have the root file system on the SD card, but we don’t currently have any documentation on how to do this so it would be up to you. There should be enough information online from other sources though.

JM K
    Participant

I have recently purchased a Cellular Development Platform. I am using Ubuntu 10.0.04 for my OS. I am looking around for a good compatible USB to Serial port adapter. I would very much appreciate it if someone could let me know this information. Thank you very much.

JM K
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to build a package using bitbake. In the file local.conf, what values do these three variables:

BBFILES = “” ; DISTRO = “” ;MACHINE = “” ; Need to contain? I would very much appreciate it if someone could answer my question. Thank you very much and have a great day.

Regards,

JM

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

You should be using the CoreCDP local.conf file located at corecdp-1.1.1/openembedded/contrib/multitech/local.conf and you shouldn’t need to change any of the variables.

Please see the Getting started page for more info:

http://www.multitech.net/developer/products/cellular-development-platform/getting-started/

You should verify that you can build corecdp-base-image before you try building any other packages that you might want.

Also, in the future, please start a new topic for new questions.

Thanks,

Jesse

JM K
    Participant

@Jesse Gilles, thank you very much for the quick reply. I shall indeed start a new topic for new questions in the future.

Thanks,

JM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.