Newbie Q: Red Light at powerup, flashing procedure

Home Forums mDot/xDot Newbie Q: Red Light at powerup, flashing procedure

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pete
    Participant

Hi there, New guy here.

I have been working with an MDOT, programming in mbed with your standard drag-and-drop flash process. I seem to have to plug-and-unplug the MDOT all the time.

When I plug the MDOT in (on the small dev board, with usb port), I get a red light on the board. I can flash, and sometimes it starts working. Another re-flash won’t work, and I have to unplug and plug back in, then flash again, and so forth.

Pressing the reset button does not help in this process either.

Is there a better process for flashing this board on the small dev board? Lots of unplugging and plugging is annoying.

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Pete,

You usually don’t need to unplug the DK each time you flash. What OS are you using?

I run Ubuntu 14.04 and I usually remount the device via the command line when I’m going to flash it because Ubuntu doesn’t correctly detect that the “USB drive” isn’t really filling up.

Most other operating systems handle this properly though.

Cheers,
    Mike

Pete
    Participant

Hi Mike –

Sorry, I should have mentioned – I’m on Win 10 Pro, on a Microsoft Surface, no less.

I’ve done plenty of programming mbed+NXP so I think my environment is good otherwise.

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Pete,

It’s possible that the mDot-DK is trying to source more current than your Surface can put out over the USB port. Do you have a PC environment you can test with?

I don’t think we’ve tested against tablet environments like Surface, iPad, etc.

Cheers,
    Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.