MTSLog log info not showing up on the debug com virtual port.

Home Forums mDot/xDot MTSLog log info not showing up on the debug com virtual port.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

We have developed a custom board with an mDot installed on it as per spec. However for debugging purposes prior to going to pre-production we use the MTSLog to assess the state of the application.

In the UDK board the debug output shows up without any issues on the debug virtual COM USB port. However on our custom board I don’t see anything being displayed. We are able to upload the custom firmware successfully via the ymodem and the bootloader indicates that the application was loaded successfully.

I see the bootloader related log info show up on the debug com ports but not the application related log info.

So we also tried uploading the AT firmware, via the ymodem, and it loaded successfully. Normally the AT firmware sends a message to the debug output indicating “MDot Ready”, but we don’t see that message either.

Is there anything specifically required on our custom board to enable these debug outputs to show up and any guidance related to this issue will be greatly appreciated as we want to finalize on our board design ASAP.

Thanks,
    Ajay

Ajay K
    Participant

Here is the bootloader prompt o/p and after the flash was successful, it just sits there and it looks like its not able to start the application? How can I debug this further?

bootloader :> transfer ymodem
    [INFO] Starting YMODEM file transfer
    [INFO] YMODEM file transfer succeeded
    bootloader :> flash
    [INFO] Starting flash
    [INFO] appended crc: 2244052040
    [INFO] calculated crc: 2244052040
    [INFO] erasing sector 4 addr 0X8010000
    [INFO] erasing sector 5 addr 0X8020000
    [INFO] erasing sector 6 addr 0X8040000
    [INFO] erasing sector 7 addr 0X8060000
    [INFO] 0X2C124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X2A124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X28124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X26124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X24124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X22124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X20124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X1E124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X1C124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X1A124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X18124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X16124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X14124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X12124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X10124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0XE124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0XC124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0XA124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X8124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X6124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X4124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X2124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0X124 bytes remaining
    [INFO] 0 bytes remaining
    [INFO] Flashing new firmware successful

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Ajay,
    Do AT commands still work? What version of AT firmware did you flash? Was it downloaded from multitech.net or did you build it offline or on mbed?

Did you configure your AT firmware to run the debug port at a baud rate other than 115200? That could explain why you’re not seeing the message.

Cheers,

Mike

Ajay K
    Participant

Hi Mike,

The AT commands don’t work and I have configured the baud rate to 115200. I got the firmware from the multitech site downloads. As mentioned previously the o/p stops at “[INFO] Flashing new firmware successful”. However in the UDK board if I flash it via the ymodem option, not only does it flash it successfully with the same text “[INFO] Flashing new firmware successful” in the tera term screen, but is followed by “mDot ready” debug o/p. This I am assuming shows up because not only was the firmware updated successfully, but also was started successfully to run.

However on our custom board, this doesn’t happen, so my guess is even though the firmware is loaded successfully as stated above in the tera term window, it is not able to run the updated firmware. Any thoughts on why this could be happening or how I can debug this further?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.