MTAC LORA Card Status

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model MTAC LORA Card Status

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tom Hill
    Participant

In the node-red UI in the Conduit AEP model, every time I deploy my changes in the flow, the LORA In and LORA Out nodes, will temporarily cycle thru’ a couple of states before the connected status shows up on the node status.

1) Is it possible to query the status of the two LORA i/p and o/p node?
    2) I am guessing the connected state indicates all is good with MTAC LORA card?
    3) If not how would I be able to query and determine from node-red flows all is good with the Attached MTAC LORA Card and the conduit can successfully receive and send LORA packets?

Thanks,
    Yogesh

Tom Hill
    Participant

Any thoughts on how best I can achieve this? It is important to determine the status of the lora uplink and downlink status as that would allow us to control downlink packets from queuing up at the conduit and also report the status of the mtac card to upstream systems.

Thanks,
    Yogesh

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Yogesh,

1) Is it possible to query the status of the two LORA i/p and o/p node?

Where are you wanting to query from assuming this is different from question #3?

2) I am guessing the connected state indicates all is good with MTAC LORA card?

That is correct.

3) If not how would I be able to query and determine from node-red flows all is good with the Attached MTAC LORA Card and the conduit can successfully receive and send LORA packets?

The only way to tell if sending and receiving will work with LoRa is to actually send and receive packets between the gateway and the mote.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Tom Hill
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Ideally I would like to determine the status of the two nodes from my node-red flow and if for some reason the mtac-lora card is down or unable to transmit packets, I would like the upstream connections to know of status of mtac lora card, so that there are no downlink messages sent from our upstream systems, so they don’t pile up messages in the conduit.

As far as my 3rd question, was if I can’t determine the mtac card status from my node-red flow, I was just going to see if I could subscribe to the LORA MQTT broker messages, But was unsure how best to achieve this? I did see this MQTT LORA URL. But haven’t used MQTT broker ever in node-red flows.

Thanks,
    Yogesh

magouero
    Participant

i’m interested also in this topic as i experience problems with lora input node not transmitting the messages received and decoded by the GTWay.(visible using ssh). And it shows green status…

Seems linked to power loss and restart. A “deploy all” solves the problem but requires to be connected locally and to do a modification to someting on the flow. Then it shows checking mcard then … green then all is ok.
    Procedure not usable at all !

So a way to restart this node or something like that would be appreciated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.