MT5656SMI – doubt

Home Forums General MT5656SMI – doubt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Raj kumar
    Participant

Hi,

I want to know can I use the modem MT5656SMI for POS application to perform dial-up and send ISO8583 messages to a NAC(hypercom).

Thanks,

Raj

Mike McNeil

Hello Raj,

The MT5656SMI is an analog socket modem that can dial, answer and connect at speeds from 300 to 56K. If those are the hardware requirements for your POS application and/or the ISO8583 protocol than it should be compatible. However, we would recommend testing your application to verify proper operation.

Regards,

Mike

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

The modem chip used on the MT5656SMI has support for some of the POS protocols/enhancements used by POS equipment/service vendors. We can’t offer any specific instructions due to the variability of POS equipment implemented by various vendors. You will need to test the modem in the target system to determine if it will perform correctly for your application.

If you open a ticket in our support portal ( http://support.multitech.com ), I believe there are some application notes regarding the POS enhancements available.

Raj kumar
    Participant

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies,

I am waiting for the shipment of the socket embedded modem and development kit from multitech.

My NAC is accepting the SDLC/HDLC frames (Hypercom),

Should a normal serial interface program with modem and data send will do that for me.

Since the modem spec states support for V.29 FastPos, I believe it should be sufficient,

Still need to test though.

regards,

Raj

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.