MQTT topics behaviour

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model MQTT topics behaviour

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jürgen Rose
    Participant

Hi,

I found that page, where the MQTT topics are described:
    http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/lora-network-server/

I’m pretty new to the whole Lora topic, so I’m not familiar with all the intricacies of the data flow.

As far as I understand is some of the required hand shaking abstracted if I’m using the MQTT broker (instead of using the lora server directly via UDP).

Some questions regarding the topics:

Node joined: This is pretty clear, but there is no Node left event?

Uplink packet received: what is the difference to Packet received?

Packet received: what is the difference to Uplink packet received?

Packet sent: Does that mean, this is basically an event which is triggered if one of the packates published on the /down topic has been sent out?

Queue full: Which queue? My guess would be that packages which are pushed on the /down topic are somewhere collected and then sent out later. Is the queue persistent? How large is the queue?

Downlink packet: what is the consequence of setting ack to true? How would that manifest on the mqtt topics? What is port?

Clear queue: See above Queue full

How do I know that something I pushed to a lora device has been actually received?

Is there anything special to the data field, or is it just what I put on the network and nothing else? Would that be encrypted with the app-key (if used)?

Two other not really related questions:

What are the best practices to configure a fleet of Conduit boxes?

If I install Java, then it won’t start and complain that jamvm can not be found.

piyush s
    Participant

Hello

Did you get your queries answered ?

thanks,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.