mosquitto_pub question

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model mosquitto_pub question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eduardo Garcia
    Participant

Hi:

I am trying ty send data to my LoRa device, with no luck. My device ID on the network is 33:33:33:31. I check on the lora-network log and using mosquitto_sub that I am getting messages. However, I try the following:

mosquitto_pub -t lora/33:33:33:31/down -m 'D'

To transmit only a character, with no luck. Am I missing something, or is there a way to know that the conduit is trying to send the data?

Thanks,

-Ed

Eduardo Garcia
    Participant

Hi:

I noticed I mad a mistake, I should use the DevEui, which is 8 bytes in length. However, with that change I still do not receive messages on my device. My device is actin as Class A, and I am receiving messages on the Conduit correctly.

Thanks,

-Ed

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Eduardo,

Look at the transmit section of this page:
    http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/conduit-mlinux-lora-communication/

As noted there,

The packet must be in JSON format and the data must be Base64 encoded

-Brandon

Eduardo Garcia
    Participant

Hi Brandon:

Thanks, you are right. I did change the message to be the following:

mosquitto_pub -t lora/01:02:03:04:05:06:07:08/down -m '{ "data":"aGVsbG8=" }'

with the device EUI verified to be 01:02:03:04:05:06:07:08 as noted on node list:

Net Addr     Dev EUI                  Joined                Seq Num       Up     Down      1st      2nd  Dropped  RSSI min   max   avg  SNR min   max   avg
    33:33:33:32  01:02:03:04:05:06:07:08  2015-11-25T09:00:33Z      154     1173      946      923       23        0      -121    -9   -96    -16.5  13.8  -4.7

But I still do not receive anything. Is there a way to see if the Conduit has tried to send the message on the receive frames? Thanks!

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Eduardo,

Sure, you should be able to see all receive and transmit activity in /var/log/lora-network-server.log

-Brandon

Eduardo Garcia
    Participant

Brandon:

Thank you for your reply. In the device side I seem to get a response, but it does not detect a payload. Does the mosquitto command send whatever is in the “data” parameter as the payload?

Thanks!

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Eduardo,

Yes the data value is transmitted as the payload.

-Brandon

Eduardo Garcia
    Participant

Hi Brandon:

It seems that my device (Nucleo Board with the LoRaWAN-lmic-app from SemTech in mBed, available https://developer.mbed.org/teams/Semtech/code/LoRaWAN-lmic-app/) needs that we also especify the port. For example, the following code in the conduit was received correctly:

mosquitto_pub -t lora/01:02:03:04:05:06:07:08/down -m '{ "data":"aGVsbG8=", "port":6 }'

I hope this may be of use to somebody now or in the future using the same devices I am using now!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.