mDot wakeup by RTC and interrupt

Home Forums mDot/xDot mDot wakeup by RTC and interrupt

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kkhylchuk
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with my mDot. I can’t wake it up from sleep.

The function I’m using is sleep_wake_rtc_or_interrupt from Dot-Examples/dot_util.
    The issue pops up whenever I compile offline with GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain version other than 6 (6 2017-q2-update).

I’ve made a few modifications to the function to accept variable sleep time:

void sleep_wake_rtc_or_interrupt(bool deepsleep, uint32_t time)
    {
        // in some frequency bands we need to wait until another channel is available before transmitting again
        // wait at least 10s between transmissions
        //uint32_t delay_s = dot->getNextTxMs() / 1000;
        uint32_t delay_s = time;
        /*
        if (delay_s < SLEEP_TIME )
        {
            delay_s = SLEEP_TIME ;
        }
        */

if (deepsleep)
        {
            // for mDot, XBEE_DIO7 pin is the only pin that can wake the processor from deepsleep
            // it is automatically configured when INTERRUPT or RTC_ALARM_OR_INTERRUPT is the wakeup source and deepsleep is true in the mDot::sleep call
        }
        else
        {
            // configure XBEE_DIO7 pin as the pin that will wake the mDot from low power modes
            //      other pins can be confgured instead: XBEE_DIO2-6, XBEE_DI8, XBEE_DIN
            dot->setWakePin(XBEE_DIO7);    
        }

logInfo("%ssleeping %lus or until interrupt on %s pin", deepsleep ? "deep" : "", delay_s, deepsleep ? "DIO7" : mDot::pinName2Str(dot->getWakePin()).c_str());

logInfo("application will %s after waking up", deepsleep ? "execute from beginning" : "resume");

// lowest current consumption in sleep mode can only be achieved by configuring IOs as analog inputs with no pull resistors
        // the library handles all internal IOs automatically, but the external IOs are the application's responsibility
        // certain IOs may require internal pullup or pulldown resistors because leaving them floating would cause extra current consumption
        // for xDot: UART_*, I2C_*, SPI_*, GPIO*, WAKE
        // for mDot: XBEE_*, USBTX, USBRX, PB_0, PB_1
        // steps are:
        //   * save IO configuration
        //   * configure IOs to reduce current consumption
        //   * sleep
        //   * restore IO configuration
        if (! deepsleep)
        {
            logInfo("Save IO configuration\n\r\n\r"); 
            wait_us(200000);
            // save the GPIO state.
            sleep_save_io();

// configure GPIOs for lowest current
            sleep_configure_io();
        }

// go to sleep/deepsleep and wake using the RTC alarm after delay_s seconds or rising edge of configured wake pin (only the WAKE pin in deepsleep)
        // whichever comes first will wake the xDot  
        dot->sleep(delay_s, mDot::RTC_ALARM_OR_INTERRUPT, deepsleep);

if (! deepsleep)
        {
            // restore the GPIO state.
            sleep_restore_io();
            logInfo("Restore IO configuration");  
        }
    }

But unmodified function does not work for me either. As well as calling dot->sleep(300, mDot::RTC_ALARM_OR_INTERRUPT, false) directly.
    mDot just goes to sleep and never wakes up.
    Though sleep_wake_rtc_only (mDot::RTC_ALARM) works as expected.

I tried setting the wakeup pin to 0 before going into sleep (as suggested in this thread), but it did not help.

Everything works as expected if compiled with the toolchain v6. But then I get the following warning:
    Compiler version mismatch: Have 6.3.1; expected version >= 9.0.0 and < 10.0.0

I’m using:
    libmDot v3.3.5
    mbed-os v5.15.1
    mbed-cli v1.8.3
    GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain v9 (9-2019-q4-major)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The library is built with GNU Tools ARM Embedded\6 2017-q2-update
    I expect v9 is not compatible in some way.

We will look to update the library to v9 in a future release, we have been testing with v9 during development.

kkhylchuk
    Participant

I see. Thanks for the reply.
    Where can I find the information about what version of the toolchain to use with a specific version of the library?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.