mDot Wake up timing

Home Forums mDot/xDot mDot Wake up timing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Agathe Lee
    Participant

I am communicating to the mDot via AT commands from a microcontroller. I have tested the sleep mode with wake up by interrupt on the development board, and it works well. However, when I send the same commands from the microcontroller, the mDot may not be awake to receive them. I suspect that there is a latency on mDot wake-up and that it is unable to receive AT commands for some short time, but can’t find it documented. Please let me know what that is.

(Other communications, including joining network and sending data work fine)

Thank you,

Agathe

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

You could issue AT until OK is received.

Agathe Lee
    Participant

Okay, that’s a workaround, although I would still like to know the actual timing.

I am now noticing a lot of “failed to join network” and unacknowledged transmissions when operating with sleep mode.

Basically, I have the mDot in sleep mode by default, wake it up by interrupt when i have something to transmit, wait for OK and attempt to join network, then when successfully joined send a 43-byte packet at SF9. The Conduit is in an adjoining room and RSSI hovers at -65.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.