mDot to mDot communication via the conduit

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model mDot to mDot communication via the conduit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Szymon Zieba
    Participant

Hi,

I am attempting set up a communication between two mDots such that 1 mDot sends a message to the conduit, then the conduit sends a message back to another mDot. I know I can do a similar process using AT commands, but is there a way to do this using code? or is the only way using peer to peer communication?
    In case it matters, I am using the 1.0.8 firmware on the mDots.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

How is this different from regular downlink messages from Conduit?
    Is the receiving device polling for messages or do you want Class C operation?

Szymon Zieba
    Participant

Hi Jason,

The problem with the regular downlink messages from the Conduit is that I am unable to have the Conduit send a message from one mDot to another, e.g. have one mDot send a message saying “reduce” the Conduit accept the message and then relay that message to the other mDot. When testing, the Conduit just sends back the message the second mDot sent as a reply. I am unsure if this error is happening on the Conduit or on the mDot.

The desired operation is for an mDot to be able to either poll for messages or just receive them as necessary. I am using the 1.0.8 Australian Debug code as attempting to use the newer firmware locks my mDots to US frequency bands with no way to change this. As such, my understanding is that Class C operation is not possible with the firmware I am currently using.

What would you suggest as a solution?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

A downlink packet is addressed to a device by the DevEUI.
    An uplink from one device can be routed to another by changing the msg.eui field of the packet.

To use the updated firmware you dot needs to be reconfigured for the AU915 band.

Load the following firmware and issue these commands:

AT+FREQ=AU915
    AT&WP

http://multitech.net/downloads/mdot-firmware-Set-DevID-FrequencyBand-2.0.16.bin

Then load the normal 2.0.16 firmware.

Szymon Zieba
    Participant

Hi Jason, thank you for your suggestion. I have implemented the 2.0.16 firmware with the correct frequency, however I now have a new problem possibly related to the change in firmware. When the code tries to call the mDot::getInstance() function, the mDot seems to just stop now, proceeding no further into the code. Do you have any ideas why this may be happening?

Szymon Zieba
    Participant

Nevermind, using the bleeding edge library seems to make it work again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.