mDot post firmware update errors

Home Forums mDot/xDot mDot post firmware update errors

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Szymon Zieba
    Participant

Hi,

I have come across an unusual error after making a firmware update to the mDot and the libraries being used in mBed. When I use AT commands, I can join my LoRa network without issue, but when I try to have a program do this I have errors. These errors didn’t occur pre firmware update.
    I have also noted that the programs are changing the baud rate to 57600 and I can’t seem to be able to tell the mDot via software to have it set to 115200 (once again, this is not an issue when using the at commands).

Any suggestions for solving the above problems?

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Szymon,

Can you indicate which versions of mbed-os and libmDot-mbed5 or libmDot-dev-mbed5 you’re using, as well as what your application is doing?

Cheers,

Mike

Szymon Zieba
    Participant

Hi Mike,

I am using the newest available version of mbed-dev and the libmDot-dev-mbed5 available from the mDot page on the mbed website.

regards

Szymon Zieba
    Participant

Hi Mike,

You don’t need to worry anymore, it seems that something was wrong with the mbed-rtos library I was using, so I replaced it and now it all works again.

regards

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Syzmon,

So you are using libmDot-dev-mbed5 with mbed-dev and mbed-rtos?

https://developer.mbed.org/users/mbed_official/code/mbed-dev/

https://developer.mbed.org/users/mbed_official/code/mbed-rtos/

Cheers,

Mike

Szymon Zieba
    Participant

Correct

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Syzmon,

Can you share which versions of mbed-dev, mbed-rtos, and libmDot-dev-mbed5 you’re using? I wasn’t aware that mbed-dev and mbed-rtos (mbed 2 builds) were compatible with our mbed 5 build of libmDot-dev-mbed5.

Cheers,

Mike

Szymon Zieba
    Participant

Hi Mike

I am not currently using mbed-dev, however there were no compiling issues when I was running the code with it.

The mbed-rtos revision I am using is 123:58563e6. I thought mbed-rtos was always required as mdot.h calls rtos.h?

Cheers

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Syzmon,

I guess I’m a little confused. Earlier in the thread you said you were using libmDot-dev-mbed5, mbed-dev, and mbed-rtos. Perhaps one of us misspoke.

Can you share with me what versions (the more specific the better, links would be great) of the Dot library (libmDot, libmDot-mbed5, libmDot-dev-mbed5), mbed library (mbed, mbed-dev, mbed-os), and mbed-rtos you’re using?

Please note that if you’re using mbed-os, you won’t need to include mbed-rtos.

Cheers,

Mike

Szymon Zieba
    Participant

Hi Mike,

The confusion may be a result of the time difference. By the time you were asking for the libraries, I had made several attempts to remedy the issue, one of which was successful.

The dot library being used for my programs is libmDot-dev-mbed5, as found at https://developer.mbed.org/teams/MultiTech/code/libmDot-dev-mbed5/.

Currently I have programs using both mbed.bld (top search result under import programs search) and mbed-dev.

The version of mbed-rtos I am using, according to the mbed compiler, is https://developer.mbed.org/users/mbed_official/code/mbed-rtos/

Thank you for the note about mbed-os, I had not previously seen it used by other programs and so wasn’t aware of it.

Kind regards

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Syzmon,

Is the problem you were experiencing resolved, then?

Using mbed-os and libmDot-dev-mbed5 or libmDot-mbed5 is what I would encourage.

Cheers,

Mike

Szymon Zieba
    Participant

This is correct, the problem has been resolved.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Kind regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.