mDot "No enabled channel"

Home Forums mDot/xDot mDot "No enabled channel"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Loïc Baret
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I have a problem, when I try to send more than 2 messages at reduced time interval (2-3 seconds between the two messages) it returns “No enabled channel”. When I write the at+txn commands, I saw that it can vary between 30 and 120 seconds.
    I think it linked with the duty-cycle of time to wait. But 2 days ago it was working perfectly, we could send one message each 2 or 3 seconds. And now we have to wait at least 100 seconds before sending a new message.
    I’ve reset the device with factory configuration, but it does the same thing. And “reinstall” the AT command firmware version 2.0.16-1.
    There is a screenshot of actual configuration :
    http://hpics.li/dd93ea0 (tag doesn’t work)

I thank you in advance for help,
    Loïc
    P.S. : I’m sorry for my english.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Loïc Baret.
    Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Loic,

Do you have an EU868 mDot/xDot? If so, the regional regulations require the device to obey duty cycle restrictions. What you’re seeing is likely the result of the device obeying those rules.

How often the device can transmit depends on TX power, how many channels are enabled, etc. Do you remember how you had your device configured before you reset the configuration?

Cheers,
    Mike

Loïc Baret
    Participant

I just remember that I only touched transmitter power, or antenna gain.
    I have an EU868 mDot, and now I have 8 channels, with the correct mask (00FF). I don’t touch any configuration since the reset.
    I agree with you about the duty cycle regulation but before the problem I could send 20+ messages without a high delay … So I don’t understand what it happened.

Thanks,
    Loïc

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

What was you txpower before and after?

If transmitting below +7 dBm 869.7-970 MHz can be used at 100% duty cycle.

Loïc Baret
    Participant

The Txpower was +20dBm before and after (I and my colleague put the maximum), but since the reset we didn’t touch it, +11dBm.

Edit :
    We tried Jason’s configuration and it works but we still have this question :
    Why it was working with txf = 0 and txp = 20 ?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Loïc Baret.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.