mDot Does Not Join Conduit Network From Distance Of Approximately 0.5 Mile

Home Forums mDot/xDot mDot Does Not Join Conduit Network From Distance Of Approximately 0.5 Mile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James Coleman
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to make a network connection from my mDot LoRA to my Conduit which is connected to my home network which is approximately 0.5 miles away.

The mDot LoRA is using the “mDot_LoRa_Connect_Example_MTS_MDOT_F411RE.bin” example application.

While at home and near the Conduit I am able to join the network with my mDot LoRA and send the data packets without a problem.

Now that I am a significant distance away I am not able to join the network.

Are their parameters that I need to revise in order for me to join the network from a distance and send data?

Thanks,

James

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

What Spreading Factor and Tx power are you using? I used SP12 and a Tx power of 14. which are about the max for EU use in the 868MHz band.

Andrew

James Coleman
    Participant

Andrew,

The spreading factor is set to 10 which appears to be the max for US in the 915MHz band. I do not see in the sample program that I am using where they set the Tx power for the LoRA radio.

Is there a way for me to modify the sample program and increase the Tx power?

James

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

James,

If you haven’t seen this forum thread, go ahead and read through it. It has discussion on range issues and also has a test to make sure your MTAC-LORA accessory card is functioning properly.

And the mDot.h file in libmDot has documentation on all of the functions you can use (like setting the tx power).

-Brandon

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Brandon Bayer.

Dear all,

I have copy mDot_LoRa_Connect_Example_MTS_MDOT_F411RE.bin into F:\ (my mdot at MTU2DK-ST-MDOT development kit. I connect the dev kit through usb cable.
    I have push the reset button. How to check the result?

Is there any way to read the Mosquitto_sub status with other program?

Thank you very much in advance.

Warmest Regards,
    Suryadi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.