mdot Communication with USB to TTL Cable

Home Forums mDot/xDot mdot Communication with USB to TTL Cable

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Robert Voorhees
    Participant

I am trying to use the AT command mode that is pre-loaded into the mdot using a USB to TTL cable connected to my computer. I am using a Usart Terminal program.
    The cable is wired to the mdot Din and Dout lines.
    Any At command I send, the mdot just echoes back what I have sent it. Are there any other signal lines I need to tie high or low to get this to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Bryan Tran

Hi Bob,

I would check the following:

a. Verify that you can type AT commands to the mDot using either MDK or UDK2 board.

b. Power on the mDot.

c. I would also connect Ground pin on the mDot to your USB to TTL cable too.

d. Crossed the TX and RX.

e. Bring up the Device Manager on your PC and expand the ‘Ports’ tree in the Device Manager and then unplug/replug the USB to TTL cable and see what COM port that the Device Manager is detecting.

Then set your Usart terminal software to that comport with baud rate 115200 – 8n1.

f. Try a different USB to TTL cable.

Thanks,

BT

Robert Voorhees
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me. It turned out the terminal software is not compatible with that cable. The software works fine for all the other devices I use it with, but not these cables. Switched to another terminal software and I can now talk to the mdot. And of course that was the last thing I check.

Bob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.