mCard Development and Firmware

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model mCard Development and Firmware

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Artes
    Participant

I’m looking to develop an mCard to add a new protocol to the Conduit. I have requests in with support for that documentation.

My main question is: Does the development of an mCard necessitate the development of a new firmware image that supports that mCard (of either AEP or mLinux), or are the firmware and mCard format generic enough that as long as the mCard is developed within the spec the current firmware will be able to utilize it?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Benjamin,

The current mCards that are supported by Multitech use the following module to initialize pins and reset modules:

git://git.multitech.net/mts-io.git

I would suggest creating your own module that initializes your mCard and load that module with an init script that runs early in startup. This will give you the control you need. As for how generic the interfacing is for the different LoRa cards, I do not know the answer to that question.

Jeff

Benjamin Artes
    Participant

Not sure how much detail about the pinout of the mCard format to go into on the forum, but with regards to the generality of the interfacing:

Would it be possible to take our custom protocol, convert it to UART and into the mCard pinout, then utilize the MFSER code already inside mLinux and AEP to receive / parse the data?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.