Max number of packet for one mdot

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Max number of packet for one mdot

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mdot_dev aa
    Participant

I have read that mdot just support class A of lora. So it has to ask the conduit about new incomming packets.

How many packets can the conduit keep for one mdot? And for 10? depending of the number of mdot the number of packets for each one is lower?

Ricardo Santos
    Participant

I’m also interested in the answer to this question.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Default is 16 per node.

On AEP the settings can be queried through the API
    https://<CONDUIT-IP>/api/loraNetwork/nodeQueueSize

And also set
    https://192.168.2.1?method=PUT&data={"lora":{"nodeQueueSize":20}}&applyNow=true

In mLinux it is also configurable in /var/config/lora/lora-network-server.conf

"lora": { 
    "nodeQueueSize": 16,
    ... }
    Tom Hill
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Is there any documentation around how the various settings can be made to node-red like the once you have mentioned above or is this standard node-red mechanism to update any settings of a given node in node-red?

Thanks,
    Yogesh

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The “nodeQueueSize” is referring to the downlink queue in the lora network server. In this context “node” refers to a LoRaWAN end-point and not a Node-RED node.

Tom Hill
    Participant

Thanks Jason, I get it now. However are there any other setting such as the one above “nodeQueueSize”, that apply to the Lorawan end point that are configurarable? I was not aware of this setting to begin with, so I am just curious if there are other configurable settings that are related the lorawan end point and if this is documented somewhere that I can refer to.

Thanks,
    Yogesh

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.