LoRa – US Limits

Home Forums General LoRa – US Limits

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Roman Ploskon
    Participant

Hello,

could you please provide me further details so I would be able to understand practical limits applicable for LoRa network within US bands.

http://www.multitech.net/developer/?s=902
    page above states that data rates for US are from 1 to 12.5 kbps. However mDot specification states as theoretical maximum speed 21.9 kbps. Which one is correct? Is it possible to send data at SF=7 @ 500kHz?

Regarding to the 400 ms maximum dwell time. Could I transmit theoretically continuously messages if their transmit duration would be less than 400 ms?

Thank you.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The Transmit datarates take into account waiting for rx windows in LoRaWAN.

In the LoRaWAN protocol a device cannot transmit until it has received a downlink packet or both rx windows expire.

The highest uplink datarate in LoRaWAN for US is SF8BW500.

Regarding the dwell time. You will need to hop channels between packets for 400 ms average dwell time of a period of time relative to the number of frequencies.

Roman Ploskon
    Participant

Jason,
    thank you for your reply. Isn’t that frequency hopping automatically done by mDot for me? Or do I need to manualy change frequencies between packets?

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Roman,

Yes, the frequency hopping is done for you.

-Mike

Roman Ploskon
    Participant

Does the command AT+TXN have any meaning for US? Could I use that command to check for expiration of second rx window?
    Thanks,

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Roman,

AT+TXN always returns 0 in the 915 frequency band.

-Mike

Roman Ploskon
    Participant

Mike,
    thank you. And what about AT+TXW? How the settings (on or off) affects behaviour of mDot expecially when acknowledgment is disabled?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.