ISM band in Russia

Home Forums mDot/xDot ISM band in Russia

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark Makarychev
    Participant

Hello,

I’m working on an IoT project in Russia, and have been using MultiTech’s “tech” for prototyping it. Everything works great so far, but I recently got some info from a friend (who’s also playing around with LoRa) that the ISM band in Russia is limited to 868.7-869.2 MHz, but doesn’t have any limitations on the duty cycle. If I understand correctly – the mDot and Conduit use around 8 channels in the European ISM band, and LoRa channels are 125kHz wide (except for 1, that is 250kHz). Does this mean that I can use only 4 channels (4x125kHz = 500kHz = 0.5МHz, which is 869.2 – 868.7 MHz)? And if so – is there any way to program the mDot/Conduit to use only 4 channels, but with, say, a 20% duty cycle? The project in mind is going to be used in rural areas, not interfering with other devices in the ISM band, even at a 50% duty cycle.

Mark Makarychev
    Participant

I just stumbled upon the setting in the Conduit named “Disable duty cycle” in the testing section, and I did read the note that says “this is for testing purposes only – do not use for deployments”. However, if the ISM band here allows it, I guess I found the answer to my second question, regarding creating a 20% duty cycle.

And I found something in regards to my first question as well. If I understood correctly, the Conduit Gateway’s LoRa card has 2 radios, which are set to 867.5 and 868.5 MHz, and the “8 channels” are actually just the 8 LoRaWAN spreading factors. Is this correct? If so, is it possible to set the radios to frequencies of the local ISM band?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.