Is there any issue converting an AEP conduit to mLinux?

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Is there any issue converting an AEP conduit to mLinux?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Neil MacMullen
    Participant

We have purchased some AEP conduits but are coming to the conclusion that the node-red platform is not flexible enough for our use so I’m considering converting these to the mLinux load and using meta-mono to drive the gateway directly. I’ve got a couple of questions as a result…

1) Can you confirm I can switch between AEP and mLinux ‘flavours’ simply by loading the appropriate image?

2) Is there any documentation on meta-mono. I’m comfortable with writing C# under windows but a simple ‘how to get “hello world” running’ app note would save some time.

Thanks,
    neil

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Neil,

>> 1) Can you confirm I can switch between AEP and mLinux ‘flavours’ simply by loading the appropriate image?

Yes you can switch to mLinux by just loading the appropriate image. If you had an mLinux model it is a different story due to what is stored in the EEPROM on an AEP model that has to do with Remote Management. You will lose the ability to do remote management if you switch to the mLinux model.

>> 2) Is there any documentation on meta-mono. I’m comfortable with writing C# under windows but a simple ‘how to get “hello world” running’ app note would save some time.

For this I think you will have to look at the Yocto and OpenEmbedded projects to see if they have anything. I am not aware of anything that Multi-Tech has created.

Jeff

Neil MacMullen
    Participant

Thanks Jeff.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.